First, to download the correct antivirus package for your computer, determine whether your computer is running on 32bit or 64bit.
To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:
Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
Under System, you can view the system type.
If your computer is running Windows XP, do the following:
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
If you don't see "x64 Edition" listed, then you're running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.
If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you're running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.
- After the file has been downloaded, double click to run
- it will unzip the files and start the install
- If the install does not complete successfully, restart then run SEPSetup.exe
- Download the zip file
- Download Mac version of Symantec
- Double click the zip to extract
- Then double click "Symantec Endpoint Protection.mpkg" to start the install
- Reboot computer after installation is complete